Saturday, November 6, 2010

Waiting On The Sun

Waiting On The Sun
©2010 Rick Cheadle

(A)Sunny days
They’re all in my (F#)past
Now I’m a (D)soaking mess
(E)Just the way you left me(A)(E7)
(A)A drowning heart
Lifeguards nowhere (F#)around
You hung us (D) out to dry
(E)with only rain up in the sky(A)

(A7)When you walked (D)away you opened up the sky
Waterlogged my (A)fields that were once bone-dry
Covered (E)me in blankets (D)cold enough to snow in (A)July(A7)
There are no more (D)tears left for me to cry
Any more I’m (A)sitting around biding my time(F#)
It’s just (E)me and my heart…….
(D)Waitin on the Sun to Rise(A)
It’s just (E)me and my heart…….
(D)Waitin on the Sun to Rise(A)

(A)A chilly breeze
Stopped me in my (F#)tracks
I sure would (D)shiver less
(E)If you walked straight back to me(A)(E7)
(A)A shattered heart
Just pieces on the (F#)ground
A perfect (D) place for you
(E)To smash on your way out(A)

No comments:

Post a Comment